Saturday, July 23, 2011

Together Forever.

Houston Temple

Ethan kept saying that he wanted to go inside because Jesus was there. :)
I am so excited for the day to come when we will be able to take him inside such a special place.
My sweetheart.
Riley Enjoying himself in his ride.
Riley was having a good time.
Ethan of course loved the water, but I was trying to help his understand that we shouldn't be swimming in the water fountain.
When we pulled up to the Temple, I said Ethan look where are we, and he knew exactly where we were! "ITS THE TEMPLE MOM!!" it melts my heart that he can say he wants to see angel Moroni.
I'm such a lucky girl to have such an amazing husband. I wouldn't and couldn't ask for a greater father and husband for our family. Im so thankful for the blessing he is in my life, and that I get the blessing of being with him for eternity.
He is a goof ball, but how can you not laugh at this silly little boy.?. YOU JUST DO IT!
My pride and joy.
I couldn't have asked for a better ending to our Saturday night. We had planned on going to our ward luau party tonight, but the kids had fallen asleep and when I say kids I mean ALL THREE OF THEM including myself so FOUR kids were sleeping... When I woke up it was 5 and that was the time it started. I started to panic because I had made a potato salad to take and we were LATE! LATE! LATE!
Long story short Layne didn't want to wake us up ha ha. He has been so busy and we have been on the go so much that today was a day we all were just being totally LAZY, and it felt great!
We ended up going and getting the kids some shoes because poor Riley has ONE pair that fit him and they are looking very... WORN and UGLY, soooo we finally went and got him some NEW ones! :)
On our little outing we thought we would drive around and look at some neighborhoods that we would like to look for a house in... lets just say our taste is out of our price range. :) So on our
way home I wanted to stop at the Temple because we pretty much were driving right by it. When we pulled up to the temple Ethan's eyes got so big and he was so excited that we were at the Temple. He kept saying that he wanted to go in. So we explained to him that when he gets older he will get to go as long as he is obedient to Heavenly Father and his parents ;)
Even though we explained this to him... he still kept walking towards the front doors saying that he wanted to go in because Jesus was there. When he said that it made my heart melt and thank my Heavenly Father for the first time for such an observant little boy. :)
We walked around and Ethan loved the water fountain and I had to make sure he wasn't going to jump in and take a swim. Riley loved the flowers when I pushed him around close enough he could just drag his little hands over them. I was surprised that he didn't try to yank on them... he just wanted to feel them and so I let him.
Mason of course was a sleep.

While we were there I couldn't help but feel the Spirit so strongly. Being able to see all of my boys and my husband there... even just outside I thought... this is heaven... this is what we are all working so hard to have in the end...
Every day we are blessed with the chance to have a little bit of heaven on this earth when we are all together as a family... it made my chest burn and I had to keep myself from crying. While I stood there I began to think about a few families that have lost their little children in one way or another... all too soon in this life. I began to feel a loss for them as I looked at my sweet little boys. I felt almost guilty that I was able to walk up to my little boys and hug them, kiss them, and just breath in their scent. To SEE them there at the Temple made a moment in my heart Ill never forget. I am so grateful for the chance that we all have to live forever with our families... to have them for always. I always keep those families in my heart and every time I hug my boys I for whatever reason think of them and I take just one more second or two to soak them in, to enjoy that moment a little longer for them. I don't know if that sounds crazy... but I keep them in my heart all the time and pray for them always.

I know that families can be together forever. And I want to live everyday working for that special gift and promise out Savior and our Heavenly Father have promised us.
I'm Thankful for my family and couldn't ever say that my Father in heaven didn't love me... because when you love with all your heart... you are given the greatest of gifts...

2 comments:

Aimee and Cole said...

Thank you for that beautiful moment! I couldn't stop myself from crying. So now I am writing you this and tears are falling down my cheeks. You have a very special gift and I am grateful that I will have that same gift soon. You are Layne are so special to me and I love your little kidos!

Nathan & Marlese Seaver said...

Court, you are amazing! i love this.... (yes i am commenting on like all of your posts, but i haven't ever been on your blog before) :) you really are blessed and you have every right to feel the joy that you do! you have the right mind set and i seriously just wished we lived closer together so we could be real friends :) haha