Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Our little get away



Okay so the pictures are backwards, and I dont have enough time to fix them so you can start from the bottom if you want to.

Now that Layne is a regional manager for Vivint. Every once in a while We or I get to go with him when he goes out of town. This time I actually left all three of the kids with Three different friends of ours. It was really hard to leave the baby because he was only 2 months old and I just up and left him ha ha so I struggled a little bit... I almost bailed out, but I knew that this would be a good thing for Layne and I to have a few days together, since we haven't been away from the kids together since before Ethan was born. So I figured it was about time.

We loaded up the kids and after dropping them all off we did just what we didn't want to do... hit rush hour, it was a night mare but we made it through and laughed at each other the entire 6.5 hours to South Padre Island. we finally got there at about midnight and fell alseep... it was a great nights rest with out having to worry about waking up with ANY of the kids... even Layne. ;)

The next morning we got up and had a morning walk out on the beach and it was beautiful... so peaceful I didnt want to leave. We didnt do a lot other then we drove around and checked things out... next time we go we will hopefully have some more money to do some of the activities they have there... but it is expensive.

Layne went to his meetings and I went to the beach. The first day that we were there we just spend it on the beach with each other and had a good time laughing at people... cause we are awesome like that. :)

I know we are glowing but believe it or not NO SUNBURNS!!! it was awesome...




















These are a few of the sand sculpting we did while we were laying on the sand. his was a creepy weird face ha ha and Mine was a sand turtle... not bad huh.

Layne was holding down camp while I took pictures... I had to laugh because Layne was about to break that umbrella in half... ha ha ha he was having a devil of a time getting it in the ground. He couldn't figure out how the other guy that put his in the ground did SO MANY (for people to rent)... well I just said well... he probably used his muscles... well I didn't tell him later that I saw the guy with a little sand drill that was a good 3 feet long ha ha ha.... so I just laughed when Ours BLEW UP out of the sand and the next thing Layne is chasing it down cussing the ol umbrella. PIECE OF JUNK WE WAsTED OUR MONEY!!! I just smiled and said "Its okay Honey." with a big ol smile. :)


This was a cool pirate ship :)
This is the bridge that we had to go over! I have the worst phobia of bridges with water under them... and this one of course has broken before!!!! AGH I had to close my eyes and Layne just laughs and says OH JUST LOOK!
"Forget you, and PLEASE HURRY!! "is all Im thinking.

We had a great time and it was so great to get away for a few days with my husband and just enjoy each other! AND no babies came from this awesome trip! THAT WAS A PLUS!

3 comments:

Brett and April said...

Love the last paragraph. Good work you two! hahaha. Sounds like you had a fun time together! I miss you!

Sheila Russ said...

Hey Girl, great job on the family blog! Its very cute. I just may have to start one for Chris and Myself!

Nathan & Marlese Seaver said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA i love the umbrella story! haha ... glad to also hear that no new babies are being announced :) looks like you guys had a blast and well deserved trip